$1 Adoption

Friday, December 14, 2012

Working Title

I have been thinking of a title for this "Final Post" (not that I will ever have less things to say) and I had thought of many, here are a few:
"Out of Africa... Thank God!"
"And miles to go before I sleep"
"And scene!"
"Home again, home again..."
"Bring on the hot water, scrub brush and anti bacterial soap!"

But none of them really had the potency to describe it, so how about this...

2 years of waiting and red tape
Mountains of paperwork
6 planes and over 60 hours of travel.  
4 beautiful girls and 1 amazing wife waiting at home. 
27 days in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Hundreds of friends, old and new, supporting our adoption journey.
1 little boy who has changed our lives forever.

I remember the first time we saw his picture. We pray about it for days, but I think we both new the answer... He was ours.  He belonged here with us.  
That feeling was confirmed today as he played with his sisters, took his nap, ate his meals and ran around our house and yard like he owned the place.
He fits here.  There is that forever kind of belonging that a family has that just sort of settled in here 
today.  The security of knowing that, come what may, we are all in this together, forever, no matter what. Family.
As I walked down the terminal at BOI to introduce our son to Kate and his sisters last night, the weight of it all actually hit me (course that could have been 30 some hours with no sleep too) and I felt such a rush of expectation and relief that it nearly knocked me off my feet until, thankfully, I heard a voice behind me say "Brent". No, not God.  No, who else could it be coming in to BOI at 11:01pm on a weeknight than our friend Bob B.  At just the right time his greeting helped me to not get so distracted by the "bigness" of the situation that I miss one of the coolest moments of my life.

So, we walked down the corridor and through the glass doors to our waiting family and friends. we are tired but thankful for the deep, abiding grace of God and His incredible miracle called family

I will blog more soon about the actual trip itself, but I wanted you all to know that we made it home safe and sound, no worse for the wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment