$1 Adoption

Saturday, December 1, 2012

I'll Be Home For Christmas...

Well, two weeks in to this process and i found out yesterday that our visa won't be ready til Monday.  Then we wait still for an exit letter which can take four days. Bummer. Looks like I will be spending three weeks here in the Congo... unless God does something huge! My faith in His grace and power is still intact, tho the news yesterday was just enough to take the wind out of my sails a bit.  
This is why the Bible says in Ecclesiastes that "two are better than one..." because when one is discouraged, the other can pick him up and he is not alone. Thank God for my wife and girls who encouraged me over the phone and for my son who's desire to wrestle came at just the right time! It was Smack-Down in room 117! I'm sure the neighbors thought we were killing each other, but sometimes a good throw down is just what you need!

The good news is, I only have a week left here! (sigh of acceptance)

So... Today I am thankful for my incredible wife, who is at home, singlehandedly parenting 4 girls, getting them to school, gymnastics, ballet, church, making meals, packing lunches, leading worship, praying for us here, Christmas shopping, and making it all look easy! She is the most graceful person I know. The love of my life, I cannot imagine life without her.
And for four amazing girls who are so talented and kind, and are helping their mommy out so much (right girls!?!) I miss you more everyday and can't wait to wrestle and snuggle you when I get home.
I am also incredibly thankful for the family, friends and church who have come along side us in this wild time to help, support, give, watch kids, clean, cook, do laundry, pray and do so much, you know who you are and I want you to know how thankful I am for you.
I am thankful most for a loving God, who knows everything and is working all things for our good. As the calendar roles into December (wow) I am reminded that when all the world was lost in dark hopelessness, God sent a Saviour, His only son Jesus. It is when the world around us seems the darkest that His light can truly be seen as the hope it truly is. I am so thankful for the hope I have in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment