$1 Adoption

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Your Own..., Personal (pink)... Jesus

It's Saturday which means I have been here nearly a week... Mercy... And been shut up inside this compound since Wednesday night, save our Thanksgiving Dinner outing. The wall are getting a little higher and the square footage a little less around here everyday.
This morning Blessing and I went up to the fourth and highest floor of our building. From there you can see all the streets below, in clouding the construction happening on Boise River Street.(see earlier post) they are installing a 6 foot deep by 6 foot wide cement canal beneath the street to help alter its class 5 rapids status. That should take care of some of it anyway.
We also noticed in the church courtyard next door an 8 foot, relatively pink-skinned statue of Jesus. It was fascinating and a tad creepy at the same time! when i see depictions of Jesus like this (well... I've never seen one QUITE like this) I always wonder where the artist thinks that Jesus was born? Connecticut? Anyway, I will post a picture of Pink Jesus soon I promise!

Blessing is sleeping now, after our trip to the fourth floor and a few laps around the other floors, I think he's worn out, well maybe he's not, but i am!

Two other families from our agency arrived last night, it is nice to have some company. They have been making the rounds today all over the city, but it will be good getting to know them while we are all here.
I believe we move to a different guest house tomorrow, maybe with better internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment