$1 Adoption

Monday, November 19, 2012

Today is the day

This is it! In just an hour or so I will head to the clinic where Moses Blessing is receiving his yellow fever shot :( and bring him with me... Forever!  Woot woot!
Yesterday I met him, snuggled him and spent time at the home where he has stayed and today I take over his custody officially.
I am excited... Nervous... But surprisingly calm. Of course that may be from a lack of caffienation.
I miss Kate and my girls and so wish they were here to see all of this.
I love the Congo and in fact it set in as I drove the streets yesterday, I really love Africa! Each time I come it sinks in a little more! Thankfully this trip I get to bring home Africa with me!
It so humid today, it's the rainy season which basically means that the humidity increases until droplets form in midair and bingo, rain!
My skin loves the humidity, my hair, not so much.
I have been thinking a lot about the last two years and our process to get here and bring him home. There have been mountains around every corner it seems, hurdles that have looked too high to clear. But I sit here today amazed at God's great faithfullness, mercy and love, that has led us, encouraged us, challenged us and allowed us to see a glimpse of God's heart of love through adoption.
Sorry, that sentence had more commas than a jr. High poem!
Anywho... I am trying to upload a picture of the view from my room, hope it comes through.
So, I bring him with me today, we have our embassy appointment tomorrow and then I am waiting for our exit papers. Thanks for praying me home quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment